The Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists
The NLAO is the professional association that represents Doctors of Optometry in Newfoundland and Labrador. Our mission is to foster excellence in the delivery of vision and eye health services through information, programs, and services that promote and enhance optometric care.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists (NLAO) works on the behalf of optometrists in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. For our members, we offer support, access to a local and national network, training opportunities, and advocacy on behalf of the profession.
The mission of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists is to promote excellence in the practice of optometry, to enhance public recognition of optometry as the primary vision care provider in Newfoundland and Labrador, and to advance the interests of the profession.
CODE OF ETHICS
It shall be the ideal, the resolve, and the duty of each member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Optometrists to:
- Accept the oculo-visual welfare of patients as their primary concern.
- Promote high standards of oculo-visual care of mankind in every possible way.
- Render services with equal diligence to all patients, regardless of race, creed, gender or economic status.
- Consult freely with colleagues and members of other professions whenever such consultations are in the best interests of patients.
- Seek continued growth of professional skill and knowledge, so that patients may receive the full benefit of advances in the art and science of oculo-visual care.
- Share professional knowledge and experience with colleagues so that all may benefit.
- Hold in confidence any and all information concerning patients and use such information only for the benefit of patients.
- Maintain the dignity, honour and integrity of the profession of Optometry at all times.